All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNeurosciences - a comprehensive approach This textbook covers neuroscience from cellular and molecular mechanisms to behavior and cognitive processing. We also address evolution of the nervous system, computational neuroscience, the history of neuroscience as a discipline and neurophilosophy - to name but a few. The book provides the newest state-of-the-art kwledge about neuroscience from across the animal kingdom, with particular emphasis on model species commonly used in neuroscience labs across the world: mouse, zebra fish, fruit fly, honeybee, and nematode worm. We aim at university students of neuroscience, psychology, biological sciences, and medical sciences, but also computer scientists, philosophers, or anybody interested in understanding how brains work.
- Author BiographyGiovanni Galizia is Professor for Zoology and Neurobiology at the University of Konstanz and Director of the Zukunftskolleg at the University of Konstanz. Pierre-Marie Lledo is director of the Perception and Memory Laboratory at the Institut Pasteur in Paris.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication11/07/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 397 colour illustrations, biography
- Width193 mm
- Height260 mm
- Edited byC. Giovanni Galizia,Pierre-Marie Lledo
- Illustrator(s)Fotosatz-Service Kohler
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.