All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNeutri oscillation (N.O.) is the only firm evidence of the physics beyond the Standard Model of particle physics and is one of the hottest topics in elementary particle physics today. This book focuses on the N.O., from its history to the future prospects, from the basic theories to the experiments. Various phemena of N.O. are described intuitively with thorough explanations of the fundamental physics behind well-kwn formulations. For example, while many textbooks start with a discussion of the mixing matrix, this book stresses that N.O. is caused by the transition amplitudes between different neutri flavors, and that the purpose of N.O. experiments is to measure transition amplitudes and think of its origin. The current understanding of neutri oscillation is also summarized using the most up-to-date measurements, including the recently measured neutri mixing angle theta13, and the future prospects of N.O. studies are described as well. The level of this book makes it a bridge between introductory textbooks and scientific papers.
- Author BiographyThe author, Dr. Fumihiko Suekane, is an associate professor of Research Center for Neutrino Science, Tohoku University, Japan. He is an elementary particle physicist. He contributed for construction of the KamLAND neutrino detector and to the discovery of the reactor neutrino oscillation. He was awarded Koshiba prize and Breakthrough group prize for the achievement. He is now measuring the last neutrino mixing angle theta13 as a member of the Double Chooz experiment. He is also interested in teaching intuitive particle physics to students and has given a number of lectures for universities and topical schools. This book is one of the outcomes of those activities. He won 2016 Blaise Pascal Chairs.
- Author(s)Fumihiko Suekane
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Japan
- Date of Publication19/04/2015
- Series TitleLecture Notes in Physics
- Series Part/Volume Number898
- Place of PublicationTokyo
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Japan
- Weight372 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.