All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis self-contained modern textbook provides a modern description of the Standard Model and its main extensions from the perspective of neutri physics. In particular it includes a thorough discussion of the varieties of seesaw mechanism, with or without supersymmetry. It also discusses schemes where neutri mass arises from lighter messengers, which might lie within reach of the world's largest particle accelerator, the Large Hadron Collider. Throughout the text, the book stresses the role of neutris due to the fact that neutri properties may serve as a guide to the correct model of unification, hence for a deeper understanding of high energy physics, and because neutris play an important role in astroparticle physics and cosmology. Each chapter includes summaries and set of problems, as well as further reading.
- Author BiographyProf. J. W. F. Valle is the head of the AHEP group at the Institut de Fisica Corpuscular (IFIC/CSIC) at the University of Valencia, Spain. Having obtained is PhD degree at Syracuse University, USA, he spent time in Oxford, and Barcelona before joining IFIC at the University of Valencia. For over 30 years Professor Jose Valle has been active in neutrino physics & physics beyond the Standard Model of elementary particle interactions. He has authored almost 300 scientific publications, and has received several scientific awards, including the Humboldt Research Award. Prof. Jorge C. Romao is full Professor at the Physics Department of Instituto Superior Tecnico, the faculty of Engineering of the Lisbon Technical University, Portugal. Having obtained is PhD at the University of Chicago, USA, he spent time at the University of Geneva, Switzerland, before joining Instituto Superior Tecnico in Lisbon. At Instituto Superior Tecnico he has had many administrative duties, including chairman of the Department. Professor Jorge Romao has authored over 100 scientific publications with a significant impact in the field.
- Author(s)J. W. F. Valle,Jorge C. Romao
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication04/02/2015
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Weight966 g
- Width170 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.