All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the motto of your village is never say die, you have a lot to live up to. . . . At home in Canada's Arctic, Nick Thrasher is an accomplished Inuit hunter at fifteen. About to bring home a caribou for his ailing grandfather, Nick loses the meat to a fearsome creature never before seen in the wild. It's half grizzly, half polar bear. Experts will soon be calling it a grolar bear. Returning to his village, Nick receives a letter from the half brother he's never met. A former Grand Canyon river guide, Ryan Powers is w a famous wildlife photographer. He'll soon be coming to Nick's part of the world to raft the remote Firth River in search of huge herds of migrating caribou. Ryan also wants to learn what Inuit hunters are saying about climate change in the Arctic. He invites Nick to come along and help him find the caribou.Barely down the river, disaster strikes. Nick and Ryan are both thrown into the freezing river and find themselves under a ceiling of solid ice. With thing but the clothes on his back and the knife on his hip, Nick is up against it in a world of wolves, caribou, and grizzlies. All the while, the monstrous grolar bear stalks the land.
- Author(s)Will Hobbs
- Date of Publication29/01/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight318 g
- Width142 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.39
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.37
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.74
- AU $36.86Trending at AU $44.04
- AU $15.44Trending at AU $17.17
- AU $19.33Trending at AU $19.67
- AU $27.66Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.