All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA beautiful and inspiring volume, Never Stop to Think Do I Have a Place for This indulges our desire to surround ourselves with belongings that impart beauty and meaning to our lives. Delving into the interiors (and the collecting mindset) of real-life tastemakers (antique dealers, fashion designers, artists, boutique owners), Carter interviews the owners to reveal their personal stories and inspirations, and what drives their passion for collecting and, ultimately, how they manage to integrate their collections and interiors to live stylishly with their passions. The book showcases a range of personalities and styles, such as Heirloom Scavengers, anglophiles who collect beautiful housewares; The Preservationists, an artistic couple who collect and restore photographs; Scavenging the Evidence of Life, an artist who scavenges old photos, menus, and maps to use in his work; and The Queen of Muchness, an antique dealer kwn for having multiples of everything! A great read, Carter muses delightfully on the universal desire to acquire and collect, while imparting philosophy and tips for living creatively and integrating our passions into our decor. Lavishly illustrated with intimate photographs of 16 different homes and collections, this book exalts in the beauty of bounty and carries an inspiring message of how we can follow our passions to create a home we love.
- Author BiographyMary Randolph Carter is an author, photographer, designer, and longtime creative director for Ralph Lauren. She is the author of A Perfectly Kept House is the Sign of Misspent Life, For the Love of Old, and the Junk books, a series of books on discovering and using flea market and antique finds to bring something new to interior design.
- Author(s)Mary Randolph Carter
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication02/04/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note250 colour photographs
- Width216 mm
- Height273 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.