Never Tell: A True Story of Overcoming a Terrifying Childhood by Catherine McCall (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'I am six. We are sitting on the pia bench. Daddy's wearing his undershorts. That's all. I'm wearing my white underpants. That's all. It doesn't feel like we're going to make beautiful music'. Catherine McCall's father was a high-profile doctor, her mother regularly hosted bridge parties. Growing up in their beautiful, historic home, Cathy appeared to have everything a girl could want. No one, t the neighbours, the nuns at school or her beloved grandmother, could have guessed that there was a torture chamber in the basement of 763 Montgomery Place, or that Cathy was being raped repeatedly by her father. By the age of eighteen, Cathy didn't kw either: she had repressed every memory of abuse. Twenty years later, looking after her w ailing parents, Cathy's memories begin to return. In this starkly authentic and utterly immediate memoir, Cathy describes both how she uncovered the horrific secrets she'd kept so well throughout her childhood and her inspirational journey to overcome them.
- Author BiographyMarried for thirty-eight years and mother to four daughters, the loving family Catherine McCall has now is very different to the one she was born into, proving that despite statistics the human spirit can prevail after abuse. A successful family therapist and vice president of the Georgia Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, Cathy frequently offers lectures and workshops on family therapy and healing after trauma.
- Author(s)Catherine McCall
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Weight203 g
- Width125 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.