All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume examines the concept and social phemen of discrimination from ecomic and sociological perspectives. It brings together the work of a wide range of sociologists and ecomists and provides a spectrum of methodological and ideological views on this highly charged topic. The breadth of topics and approaches offered here include classical Marxist ideas on rivalry among entrepreneurs and among ethnic groups to neo-classical supply-side and human capital factors, as well as demand-side factors such as efficiency wage theories and organizational inertia. This work will be of interest to specialists in labor ecomics and sociology. It provides an excellent overview of the relevant issues and current scholarly thought in employment and occupational discrimination.
- Author BiographyRICHARD R. CORNWALL is Professor of Economics and Department Chair at Middlebury College. He is the author of Introduction to the Use of General Equilibrium Analysis. PHANINDRA V. WUNNAVA is Associate Professor of Economics at Middlebury College and has contributed to many scholarly and professional journals.
- Date of Publication30/12/1991
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight779 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byPhanindra V. Wunnava,Richard R. Cornwall
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.