All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter the demise of German Idealism, Neo-Kantianism flourished as the defining philosophical movement of Continental Europe from the 1860s until the Weimar Republic. This collection of new essays by distinguished scholars offers a fresh examination of the many and enduring contributions that Neo-Kantianism has made to a diverse range of philosophical subjects. The essays discuss classical figures and themes, including the Marburg and Southwestern Schools, Cohen, Cassirer, Rickert, and Natorp's psychology. In addition they examine lesser-kwn topics, including the Neo-Kantian influence on theory of law, Husserlian phemelogy, Simmel's study of Rembrandt, Cassirer's philosophy of science, Cohen's philosophy of religion in relation to Rawls and Habermas, and Rickert's theory of number. This rich exploration of a major philosophical movement will interest scholars and upper-level students of Kant, twentieth-century philosophy, continental philosophy, sociology, and psychology.
- Author BiographyNicolas de Warren is Research Professor of Philosophy at the Husserl Archives and the Center for Phenomenology and Continental Philosophy at the Institute of Philosophy, KU Leuven. He is the author of Husserl and the Promise of Time: Subjectivity in Transcendental Phenomenology (Cambridge, 2009) and numerous articles on phenomenology, philosophy of art, hermeneutics, and political philosophy. Andrea Staiti is Associate Professor of Philosophy at Boston College. He is the author of Husserl's Transcendental Phenomenology: Nature, Spirit, and Life (Cambridge, 2014) and has published many articles in journals, including Husserl Studies, Continental Philosophy Review, Philosophy and Social Criticism, and Research in Phenomenology.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/06/2015
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight620 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAndrea Staiti,Nicolas de Warren
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.