Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by front line professionals in the fields of nursing, mental health, prison services and the law, this text is an essential companion to the government's new suicide prevention strategy. The contributors offer a wealth of practical guidance on issues such as risk assessment and management in a range of settings, policy and the legal framework around suicide. Exploring the links between self-harm and suicide, the authors present international approaches to training in suicide prevention for professionals and preventative initiatives targeting wider communities. They debate the legality and morality of assisted self-harm and analyse the rate and causes of suicide among specific groups, including Black and mirity ethnic groups, people in custody and people with mental illnesses. This manual provides health, social care and criminal justice professionals with all the most up-to-date information needed to make a positive contribution to suicide prevention in institutional and community settings.
- Author BiographyDavid Duffy is a nurse consultant specialising in suicide and self-harm, employed by Bolton Salford and Trafford Mental Health NHS Trust. He has over twenty years' experience in mental health care. David has served as a panel member for a number of External Inquiries into homicides and suicides, has researched and published extensively on suicide, and is the lead author of the NIMHE Suicide Prevention Toolkit. Tony Ryan is Director of Tony Ryan Associates, an Associate Consultant with the National Institute for Mental Health in England (North West) and an Associate Consultant for the Health and Social Care Advisory Service and has worked in service development since June 2000. He has experience as a mental health nurse in the NHS and edited Managing Crisis and Risk in Mental Health Nursing (1999). Tony has published on a wide range of topics including service development, mental health policy, nursing practice and research methodology.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication25/08/2004
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight571 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDavid Duffy,Tony Ryan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.