All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionAfter a decade of art revolving around sensation and celebrity, New Art from London identifies the emergence of a more mature and motivated strain of artists. Although far from being a coherent generation of tyros with a manifesto, their work suggests, along with irony, wit and intelligence, a new sense of seriousness about art in Britain. Taking readers to the heart of British contemporary visual culture, this incisive and provocative survey will be essential reading for anyone involved or interested in art and its relationship to everyday life.
- Author BiographyChris Townsend is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Media Arts, Royal Holloway, University of London. Among his previous books are Rapture: Art's Seduction by Fashion 1970 - 2001, The Art of Tracey Emin (co-editor), The Art of Bill Viola and The Art of Rachel Whiteread.
- Author(s)Chris Townsend
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication19/06/2006
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Note139 illustrations, 120 in colour
- Weight560 g
- Width158 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.