All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTen years ago, Mark Anthony Neal's New Black Man put forth a revolutionary model of Black masculinity for the twenty-first century-one that moved beyond patriarchy to embrace feminism and combat homophobia. Now, Neal's book is more vital than ever, urging us to imagine a New Black Man whose strength resides in family, community, and diversity. Part memoir, part manifesto, this book celebrates the Black man of our times in all his vibrancy and virility. The tenth anniversary edition of this classic text includes a new foreword by Joan Morgan and a new introduction and postscript from Neal, which bring the issues in the book up to the present day.
- Author BiographyMark Anthony Neal is a Professor of African and African-American Studies and Director of the Center for the Arts, Digital Culture and Entrepreneurship (CADCE) at Duke University. Neal also hosts the weekly video webcast Left of Black, and is founder and managing editor of the blog NewBlackMan (in Exile). You can follow him on Twitter @NewBlackMan.
- Author(s)Mark Anthony Neal
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement10th Anniversary edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.30Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $18.70Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.