All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionIt features 25 practical projects for beadwork designs to make at home. The luxurious beauty of beadwork, featured in exquisite designs and practical projects. Complete step-by-step instructions for 25 original creations, including bead-wrapped earrings, a velvet pillow and a waterfall screen. Everything you need to kw - from getting started to achieving excellence - with comprehensive guides to materials, equipment and techniques. It features the finest beadwork from today's leading designers and craft artists. It is the definitive contemporary approach to a timeless craft shown in over 300 specially commissioned photographs. Beadwork can lend a touch of class to everyday objects, from bead-embellished buttons and cushions or children's slippers to a flowered picture frame or sequin-covered Christmas decorations. This book is the ultimate guide to this rich and rewarding craft. The basic techniques section takes you through the essential skills you will need to embark on these easy-to-make, yet impressive projects. It includes instructions on stringing beads, making fringes and loops and threading a bead loom. Clear, step-by-step instructions take you through each of the 25 projects. Most of the basic equipment can be found in your sewing basket or around the home, but there is ample advice on choosing the best and most appropriate materials for each particular job. Trimmings for cushions, fringes and lampshades are also included. Further inspiration is provided in a gallery of the best in beadwork from contemporary artists, highlighting just what can be achieved with this exquisite craft.
- Author BiographyIsabel Stanley trained in textiles and embroidery in England. She is the author of several craft books including The Ultimate Quilting and Patchwork Companion and New Crafts: Machine Embroidery. Peter Williams is one of the best known and most highly regarded craft, cooking and lifestyle photographers.
- Author(s)Isabel Stanley
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication18/04/2013
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 300 photographs
- Weight499 g
- Width200 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.