All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this title, the beauty of embroidery is celebrated in inspirational designs and practical projects. It features over 20 beautiful and original ideas illustrated with over 250 step-by-step photographs. There are comprehensive details with expert technical instruction at every stage. It features a gallery of pieces by contemporary artists. It outlines all the materials, equipment and basic techniques you will need to get started. It provides templates; just enlarge to the finished size. It offers clear instructions for superb projects, such as Seashore Slippers, Horse Brooch, Kimo and a Starry Camisole. The versatility of machine embroidery has enabled designers to update and develop a traditional craft with invative and truly original results, yet even experienced needle workers can be daunted by using the sewing machine in an unconventional way. This volume explores the technique, with stunning examples to create in both traditional and modern styles. It provides comprehensive instruction for newcomers to the craft, and will inspire the more experienced to experiment with the medium. The book contains 25 pieces that represent a complete course in machine embroidery. Free stitch, applique, cut work, shadow work and open work are all clearly explained, enabling readers to create beautiful and desirable item such as decorative adornments, clothing, bed linen and accessories, while at the same time learning new techniques. An inspirational gallery shows the ermously varied styles that can be achieved with this exciting medium.
- Author BiographyIsabel Stanley trained in textiles and embroidery. She is sought after as a contributor to craft publications, and is the author of several craft books including Quilting and New Crafts: Beadwork. Peter Williams is one of the best known and most highly regarded craft, cooking and lifestyle photographers.
- Author(s)Isabel Stanley
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 250 photographs
- Weight499 g
- Width200 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Photographs byPeter Williams
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.