All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThis title helps you learn the classic techniques of painting silk, with creative projects to do at home. There are exciting designs to create, including a Decorative Fan, a Lily Scarf, a Flowery Camisole and a Block-printed Blind. It features a gallery of exquisite silk painting treatments by leading contemporary artists. It includes information about materials, equipment and techniques such as using gutta and marbling. There are 25 original and easy-to-achieve projects presented step by step. It contains over 300 specially commissioned photographs, which clearly demonstrate each stage. This is the definitive approach to a traditional craft. The art of decorating textiles has been popular since ancient times and of all the natural fabrics silk is the most sought after. Increasingly sophisticated dyes have led to new and elaborate decorative techniques, but the real beauty of silk painting is that even simple designs produce outstanding results. This book shows how to create 25 decorative pieces, and contains all the information you need to get started. Types of silk and their suitability for different dyes are discussed, and many basic techniques - including tie-dye, dip-dye, salt scattering, gutta resist, marbling and batik - are explained. Once you have mastered these basics the projects will be easily achieved. The projects vary in complexity so you can start off with a dip-dyed handkerchief before tackling more involved techniques such as the gutta hand-painted parasol. The projects are presented step by step with photographs to take you through the stages. This book is a wonderful introduction to one of the world's most rewarding crafts.
- Author BiographySusie Stokoe trained in textiles and has worked as a graphic artist, writer and craft project designer. Her private commissions have included silk scarves, blinds and hand-painted glassware projects, while her paintings and wall hangings have been exhibited.
- Author(s)Susie Stokoe
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 300 photographs
- Weight494 g
- Width209 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.