All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis book features 25 decorative projects that is shown step by step. The age-old art of stringwork celebrated in inspirational designs and practical projects is shown in over 200 specially commissioned photographs. There are practical step-by-step instructions for 25 superb projects: a ktted rope deckchair, a string-embroidered laundry bag, a string-wrapped candelabra and a jute tassel. It is a complete guide to materials, equipment and techniques. It comes with photography by Peter Williams, the highly regarded craft, cooking and lifestyle photographer. From the very earliest times, successive civilizations have twisted, wrapped and looped rope, string and twine to create practical and decorative objects. Nowadays, the most familiar form of the medium are seaman's kts, but the availability and low cost of rope and string have led to a renewed interest in their more artistic applications. This book presents 25 varied and exciting practical projects for you to try at home.Specially commissioned step-by-step photographs take you through each idea in easy-to-follow stages, allowing you to create beautiful and functional objects as diverse as a string-wrapped picture frame, a garden tassel made out of twine, and a coiled string needlework basket. The book will help craftspeople everywhere to rediscover this traditional craft in an instructive and inspirational way.
- Author BiographyDeena Beverley is a highly respected interior and crafts writer and stylist. Her work is accessible and inspirational to beginners and experts. Specializing in reproducing designer effects at mimimal cost and effort, Deena appears regularly on television and radio, as well as contributing to major magazines.
- Author(s)Deena Beverley
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication20/04/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 200 photographs
- Weight454 g
- Width200 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.