All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn inspiring, foundational book that defines the burgeoning field of community cultural development. Through personal stories, rousing accounts, detailed observation and histories, Arlene Goldbard describes how communities express and develop themselves via the creative arts. This comprehensive, photographically-illustrated book, which covers community-based arts such as theater grounded in oral history and murals celebrating cultural heritage, will appeal to the curious n-specialist reader as well as the practitioner and student.Author Arlene Goldbard is one of the best-kwn authors on community cultural development. Her seminal books and essays are widely read in the US and other English-speaking countries -- among them, Community, Culture and Globalization and this book's antecedent, Creative Community.
- Author BiographyOne of the best-known writers on community cultural development, Arlene Goldbard's books and essays have been widely published in the U.S. and other English-speaking countries, She has consulted with most of the leading practitioners and funders in the field, working on cultural policy, artistic production and distribution, and project planning and evaluation.
- Author(s)Arlene Goldbard
- PublisherNew Village Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintNew Village Press
- Content Noteindex
- Weight449 g
- Width161 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $22.83Trending at AU $27.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.