Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionRepresentation theory, and more generally Lie theory, has played a very important role in many of the recent developments of mathematics and in the interaction of mathematics with physics. In August-September 1989, a workshop (Third Workshop on Representation Theory of Lie Groups and its Applications) was held in the environs of C6rdoba, Argentina to present expositions of important recent developments in the field that would be accessible to graduate students and researchers in related fields. This volume contains articles that are edited versions of the lectures (and short courses) given at the workshop. Within representation theory, one of the main open problems is to determine the unitary dual of a real reductive group. Although this prob- lem is as yet unsolved, the recent work of Barbasch, Vogan, Arthur as well as others has shed new light on the structure of the problem. The article of D. Vogan presents an exposition of some aspects of this prob- lem, emphasizing an extension of the orbit method of Kostant, Kirillov. Several examples are given that explain why the orbit method should be extended and how this extension should be implemented.
- Author(s)Juan Tirao,Nolan R. Wallach
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/09/2011
- Series TitleProgress in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number105
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight379 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.