All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA NATO Advanced Study Institute on New Developments in Lipid-Protein Interactions and Receptor Function was held on the Island of Spetsai, Greece, from August 16-27, 1992. This Institute was organized to bring together researchers in the field of membrane organization and dynamics with those actively involved in studies on receptor function, signal transduction mechanisms and gene regulation. 2 Presentations and discussions focussed on the regulation of intracellular Ca +-levels, on the second messengers derived from isitol lipids and on the specific phospholipase C isozymes involved in these processes. A major focus was on G-proteins and the effect of lipid anchors on their function. These principles of regulation were further discussed in the context of receptors for acetylcholine, lysophosphatidic acid and low-density lipoproteins. In addition, various aspects of the gemic regulation of cell growth and differentiation by transcription factors were presented. These topics were put into perspective by discussing the most recent developments in lipid-protein interactions, protein insertion into membranes, membrane lipid organization and lipid dynamics as mediated by phospholipid transfer proteins. This book presents the content of the major lectures and a selection of the most relevant of the most important topics posters. These proceedings offer a comprehensive account presented during the course of the Institute. The book is intended to make these proceedings accessible to a large audience.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/10/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleNATO Science Series A
- Series Part/Volume Number246
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight633 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byA. E. Evangelopoulos,J.-A. Gustafsson,J.-P. Changeux,K. W. A. Wirtz,Lester Packer
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1993
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.