Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe format of this mograph is three essays, which we arrived at after spending a year writing over one hundred pages of what we even- tually realized was a tedious reworking of old material. So we started over determined to write something new. At first we thought this approach might t work as a coherent mo- graph, which is why we chose the essay format rather than chapters. As it turns out, there is a common thread-namely the directional distance function, which also gave us our title. As you shall see, the directional distance function includes traditional distance functions and efficiency measures as special cases providing a unifying framework for existing productivity and efficiency measures. It is also flexible eugh to open up new areas in productivity and efficiency analysis such as environmen- tal and aggregation issues. That we did t see this earlier is humbling; a student at a recent conference raised his hand and asked 'Why didn't you start with the directional distance function in the first place? In- deed. This manuscript is intended to make up for our earlier oversights. This mograph contains papers coauthored with Wen-Fu Lee and Osman Zaim and one paper written by two former students, Hiroyuki Fukuyama and Bill Weber. We thank them for their contributions. An- other former student, Jim Logan (Logi) read and critiqued the manu- script for which we are grateful.
- Author(s)Rolf Fare,Shawna Grosskopf
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/05/2005
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleStudies in Productivity and Efficiency
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.3
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight610 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2003. 2nd printing 2005
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.