All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a timely work which explores the validity of rational and subjective approaches to conflict resolution, considers the value of international law and organizations for addressing complex social phemena, and outlines a structural approach to international conflicts. In addition it extends the analysis of conflict transformation to new issues on the international agenda, such as antagonism between urban and rural areas and threat to the environment.
- Author BiographyRaimo V[um]ayrynen is a Professor of International Relations at the University of Helsinki and Dean of its Social Science Faculty. He is also Chair of the Finnish Social Science Research Council and a member of the Council of the United Nations University. He has published primarily on international relations theory, historical changes in international relations and international security issues. The ISSC Issue Group on Peace chaired by Raimo V[um]yrynen, was set up in 1984. Its aims are to facilitate systematic cooperation between all the social science disciplines in understanding and explaining peace and conflict in the world.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication23/08/1991
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight315 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byRaimo Vayrynen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.