All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
About this product
- DescriptionJournalists and students learn how to report on the issues important to diverse communities with the tips in this valuable handbook. Beginning with a discussion on what diversity means and why it is important, the textbook provides a detailed roadmap for teaching and learning about diverse communities and suggestions for beginning what is often a difficult community conversation. Hundreds of professional tips demonstrate how to better cover multicultural communities with individual chapters on specific audiences, including African Americans, Native Americans, Asian Americans, Hispanics, Arab Americans, gay men and lesbians, people with disabilities, and people of varying faith, age, and ecomic class. Activities for teaching and learning about diverse communities help journalists and educators bring the issue of diversity into the newsroom and classroom. Newly updated, this edition reveals statistics from the 2010 U.S. Census and includes a Divesity Dictionary containing hundreds of useful mutlicultural terms and definitions.
- Author BiographyGeorge Padgett is a journalism professor at Elon University. He lives in Burlington, North Carolina.
- Author(s)George Padgett
- PublisherMarion Street Press Inc.
- Date of Publication01/09/2006
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationOak Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMarion Street Press Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight226 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.