All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionFederalism has experienced a remarkable renaissance in recent decades - as an alternative way to accommodate ethnic differences; as a tool to combat remote, undemocratic and ineffective central governments; and lastly, as a means to promote ecomic performance in the developing world through decentralisation. This book seeks to bring different aspects and perspectives of federalism studies closer together, by providing an analytical framework which transcends the sub-fields and encourages contributors to look beyond the comfort zones of their own disciplinary approaches to the topic. The authors seek to achieve this aim by structuring the contributions around four dimensions federalism studies: * the development and design of federal institutions; * federalism and democratic participation, representation and accountability; * federalism and the accommodation of territorially-based ethnic, cultural and linguistic differences; * federalism and public policy. With a strong comparative framework, New Directions in Federalism Studies will be of interest to students and scholars of Federalism, Government, Regionalism, and Multi-level Governance. It will also offer insights of relevance to Comparative Politics, Public Policy, Public Administration, Nationalism, and West European Politics.
- Author BiographyJan Erk is Associate Professor of Comparative Politics at the University of Leiden, the Netherlands. Wilfried Swenden is Senior Lecturer of Politics at the University of Edinburgh, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/01/2010
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleRoutledge/ECPR Studies in European Political Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 25 black & white tables, 10 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJan Erk,Wilfried Swenden
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.