Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume gathers the contributions of senior and junior scholars - all indebted to the pathbreaking work of Derek Pearsall - to showcase new research prompted by his rich and ongoing legacy as a literary critic, editor, and seminal founder of Middle English manuscript studies. The contributors aim both to hor Pearsall's work in the field he established and to introduce the complexities of interdisciplinary manuscript studies to students already familiar with medieval literature. The contributors explore a range of issues, from the study of medieval literary manuscripts to the history of medieval books, libraries, literacy, censorship, and the social classes who used the books and manuscripts - bles, children, schoolmasters, priests, merchants, and more. In addressing reading practices, essays provide a wealth of information on marginal commentaries, images and interpretive methods, international transmission, and early print and editorial methods. Contributors: Sarah Baechle, Julia Boffey, Peter Brown, Katie Ann-Marie Bugyis, Christopher Cann, A. I. Doyle, Martha W. Driver, Sian Echard, Nicole Eddy, A. S. G. Edwards, Hilary E. Fox, Karrie Fuller, Maura Giles-Watson, Phillipa Hardman, Kathryn Kerby-Fulton, Jill Mann, William Marx, Sarah McNamer, Carol M. Meale, Linne Mooney, Melinda Nielsen, Theresa O'Byrne, Stephen Partridge, Oliver Pickering, Susan Powell, Elizabeth Scala, A. C. Spearing, John J. Thompson, Edward Wheatley, Jocelyn Wogan-Browne, Hannah Zdansky, Nicolette Zeeman.
- Author BiographyKathryn Kerby-Fulton is Notre Dame Professor of English at the University of Notre Dame. Her books include Books under Suspicion: Censorship and Tolerance of Revelatory Writing in Late Medieval England and Voices in Dialogue: Reading Women in the Middle Ages (co-edited with Linda Olson), both published by the University of Notre Dame Press. John J. Thompson is chair of English Textual Cultures and director, Institute for Collaborative Research in the Humanities, at Queen's University Belfast. Sarah Baechle is a post-doctoral fellow in English at the University of Notre Dame.
- PublisherUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNotre Dame IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Weight1043 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byJohn J. Thompson,Kathryn Kerby-Fulton,Sarah Baechle
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.