All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe disproportionate criminalisation and incarceration of particular mirity ethnic groups has long been observed, though much of the work in crimilogy has been dominated by a somewhat narrow debate. This debate has concerned itself with explaining this disproportionality in terms of structural inequalities and socio-ecomic disadvantage or discriminatory criminal justice processing. This book offers an accessible and invative approach, including chapters on anti-Semitism, social cohesion in London, Bradford and Glasgow, as well as an exploration of policing Traveller communities. Incorporating current empirical research and new departures in methodology and theory, this book also draws on a range of contemporary issues such as policing terrorism, immigration detention and youth gangs. In offering mirity perspectives on race, crime and justice and white inmate perspectives from the multicultural prison, the book emphasises contrasting and distinctive influences on constructing ethnic identities. It will be of interest to students studying courses in ethnicity, crime and justice.
- Author BiographyCoretta Phillips is Senior Lecturer in Social Policy at the London School of Economics and Political Science. Colin Webster is Reader in Criminology at Leeds Metropolitan University and Visiting Research Fellow at Teesside University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/10/2013
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byColin Webster,Coretta Phillips
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.