All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- Description'Hatton's book is a welcome antidote to stagnation and moribund thinking in contemporary professional practice and readers will gain much from engaging with the concepts he sets out and the challenges he raises.' Jonathan Parker, Series Editor Since the first edition of Kieron Hatton's important book outlining many of the New Directions facing social work a significant number of changes and challenges have continued to have a huge impact on contemporary social work practice in the UK. From the second Laming report and the subsequent work of the Social Work Task Force, Social Work Reform Board and The College of Social Work, to the Reclaiming Social Work agenda and Munro Review, the context within which social work is practice has continued to change and this new edition unpicks the challenges, opportunities and threats facing the social workers of today. This book re-establishes an important contribution to learning from which students, their service users and ultimately society should benefit.
- Author BiographyKieron is Head of the Centre for Social Work Education at the University of Portsmouth. He teaches Community Work, Social Policy, European/International Social Work, research methodology, work with Travellers/Gypsies/Roma at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, and is the Course Leader for European programmes. He is the co-chair of the Hants/IOW Learning Resource Centre Network and has presented papers at a wide range of international conferences.
- Author(s)Kieron Hatton
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication22/10/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleTransforming Social Work Practice Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.