All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe architecture of the West is well-kwn and recognizable across the world. The sustainable architecture of Southeast Asia--inspired by environment and a thriving and distinct culture--is a hidden pearl in the world of architectural design. In New Directions in Tropical Asian Architecture, author Philip Goad explores a region and a modern architecture that is complex and thriving. Featuring extended profiles of the region's most invative and influential architects, this book covers a full complement of their recent projects in tropical Asia with plans, drawings, beautiful full-color photographs and insightful text. Inspired by fresh agendas, such as simplicity and rethinking congregational spaces, the designs in this book dazzle with a bold new perspective. The 400 color photographs in this book will put you in beachfront scenes where the waves crash only inches from your feet; dreaming poolside at glamorous hotels; relaxing in gorgeous luxury homes with flawless Asian decor; and finally, will bring you face to face with the most invative concepts in all of Asian architecture.
- Author BiographyPhilip Goad is Professor of Architecture at the Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning at the University of Melbourne. Anoma Pieris is the co-author of Houses of the 21st Century.
- Author(s)Anoma Pieris,Philip Goad
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication29/10/2014
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content Note400 colour photos; 200 architectural plans
- Weight975 g
- Width229 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.