All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe New Eco-Architecture builds a historical bridge between architectural science and design. It seeks to address neglected aspects of the Modern Movement as a prelude to supporting a diversity of architectural insight and experimentation aimed at twenty-first century environmental needs and priorities. The attitudes and influences of rewned figures are re-examined in relation to current issues of architectural sustainability. By setting today's green architectural quest within a twentieth century context, and evaluating the main protagonists with regard to a modern eco-sensitive lineage, the book will be of primary interest to architectural students, academics and practitioners. However, it should also intrigue historians, theoreticians and critics, who tend to gloss over such issues, as well as other disciplines engaged with the built environment.
- Author BiographyColin Porteous is Senior Lecturer in Architectural Science at the Mackintosh School of Architecture, Glasgow School of Art, Scotland, and has had a long involvement with passive solar design and research.
- Author(s)Colin Porteous
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/11/2001
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpon Press
- Content Note80 b&w photographs
- Weight612 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.