All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew England Bird-Lover's Garden helps you maximize your home birding experiences and attract a wider variety of birds. With 100 plus full-color photos and concise, informative text, it provides indispensable details on what foods, plants, trees, water sources, and nesting materials will attract particular species. It helps you make the right choices the first time-and avoid costly mistakes.
- Author BiographyRandi Minetor, a birder since she spotted her first kingfisher in Girl Scout day camp. She has traveled the country to rack up a North American life list of nearly 500 species from Florida to Alaska. In her home state of New York, she participates in birding science endeavors including the 2000-2004 State Breeding Bird Atlas project, the Nature Conservancy's lakeshore songbird migration study in the 1990s, and the annual Christmas Bird County for nearly twenty years. She has contributed to Bird Watcher's Digest, and has served on the board of the Rochester Birding Association. In addition, she is the communications chair of the Genesee Land Trust board of directors, giving her considerable access to information about native species, habitat restoration and creation, and the greenest practices for maintenance of open spaces. Nic Minetor has provided photography for more than a dozen books published by Globe Pequot on America's national parks and historic cities. He is a full-time lighting designer/director for theater, film and TV, currently serving as resident lighting designer for Eastman Opera Theatre and Mercury Opera in Rochester, NY, as well as for productions at the National Technical Institute for the Deaf. He is also the lighting director for the PBS television series Second Opinion.
- Author(s)Randi Minetor
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication15/03/2016
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Note146 colour illustrations, 1 maps
- Weight14 g
- Width109 mm
- Height174 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Photographs byNic Minetor
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.