New Ethics for the Public's Health by Oxford University Press Inc (Paperback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionMost books about ethics and health focus on issues arising from individual patients and their relationships with doctors and other health professionals. More and more, however, the ethical issues of the future are challenges that face whole communities, t just individual patients. This book is an edited collection of readings that addresses these public health challenges. Many of the issues considered - such as policy for alcohol and other drugs, newly emergent epidemics, and violence prevention - are public health concerns beyond the purview of traditional bioethics. Others, such as access to health care, managed care, reproductive techlogies, and genetic testing, are covered in bioethics texts, but here they are approached from the distinct viewpoint of public health. The book makes explicit the community perspective of public health, as well as the fields emphasis on prevention. It examines the conceptual issues raised by the public health perspective (i.e., what is meant by community, the common good, and individual automy) as well as the policies that can be developed when health problems are approached in population-based, preventive terms.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication29/07/1999
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note6 line illustrations
- Weight578 g
- Width154 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byBonnie Steinbock,Dan E. Beauchamp
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.