All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe children and grandchildren of South Asian migrants to the UK are living out British identities which go largely unrecognized, as dominant voices from their communities seek to foreground and hold in place their alternative positioning. This book emphasizes their everyday low-key Britishness, albeit, a Britishness with inflections.
- Author BiographyRoxy Harris is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Social Science and Public Policy at King's College London, UK. He has a particular interest in the relationships between language, power, ethnicity and culture and has researched, taught and published on these issues in London for many years.
- Author(s)Roxy Harris
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication04/08/2006
- Series TitleLanguage and Globalization
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight405 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byHelen Kelly-Holmes,Sue Wright
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.