All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAre intellectual property rights a threat to automy, global justice, indigeus rights, access to lifesaving kwledge and medicines? The essays in this volume examine the justification of patents, copyrights and trademarks in light of the political and moral controversy over TRIPS (the Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights). Written by a distinguished international group of experts, this book draws on the latest philosophical work on automy, equality, property ownership and human rights in order to explore the moral, political and ecomic implications of property rights in ideas. Written with an interdisciplinary audience in mind, these essays introduce readers to the latest debates in the philosophy of intellectual property, whether their interests are in the restrictions that copyright places on the reproduction of music and printed words or in the morality and legality of patenting human genes, essential medicines or traditional kwledge.
- Author BiographyAnnabelle Lever is Associate Professor of Normative Political Theory in the Political Science Department at the University of Geneva. She has previously held teaching and research appointments at Harvard University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the University of Rochester, the London School of Economics and, latterly, at the Institute of Science, Ethics and Innovation at Manchester University and at the Chaire Hoover, the University of Louvain.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication05/07/2012
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleCambridge Intellectual Property and Information Law
- Series Part/Volume Number18
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 table
- Weight690 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAnnabelle Lever
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.