All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe New Higher History series offers a full-colour, topic-based approach to the revised Higher History syllabus. Covering all of the main issues within each topic area, this series includes investigative techniques, use of evidence and a variety of activities to enable students to develop the necessary skills to tackle both essay-based and source-based questions successfully. New Higher History: Migration and Empire 1830-1939 provides comprehensive coverage of this source-based Unit offered in Paper 2 of the course. The core issues within the topic are fully explored, preparing students for the short response questions in the external examination. This book investigates the population movement and social and ecomic change in Scotland and abroad, looking at: - the development of industrialisation and urbanisation in Scotland due to ecomic changes - the impact of ecomic, social, cultural and political factors on internal migration and emigration and whether these were push or pull factors - the immigrant experience, arising issues of identity and the reaction of Scots to their arrival, in particular the Irish (Protestant and Catholic), Jewish, Lithuanian and Italian migrants - Scotland's ecomic, cultural and religious impact on the empire nations due to immigration to Canada, Australia, New Zealand and India in particular - the impact of migration and empire on Scotland by 1939 and the social, cultural and ecomic changes which resulted - the significance of migration and empire for Scottish identity.
- Author BiographySimon Wood is an experienced Principal Teacher and examiner of History as well as Principal Assessor Higher History. John Kerr is PT History at Balerno High School. He is an established author as well as Editor of this New Higher History series.
- Author(s)John A. Kerr,Simon Wood
- PublisherHodder Education
- Date of Publication25/11/2011
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleNHH
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Gibson
- Content Note60
- Weight402 g
- Width213 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.