All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book readers will find techlogical discussions on the existing and emerging techlogies across the different stages of the big data value chain. They will learn about legal aspects of big data, the social impact, and about education needs and requirements. And they will discover the business perspective and how big data techlogy can be exploited to deliver value within different sectors of the ecomy. The book is structured in four parts: Part I The Big Data Opportunity explores the value potential of big data with a particular focus on the European context. It also describes the legal, business and social dimensions that need to be addressed, and briefly introduces the European Commission's BIG project. Part II The Big Data Value Chain details the complete big data lifecycle from a technical point of view, ranging from data acquisition, analysis, curation and storage, to data usage and exploitation. Next, Part III Usage and Exploitation of Big Data illustrates the value creation possibilities of big data applications in various sectors, including industry, healthcare, finance, energy, media and public services. Finally, Part IV A Roadmap for Big Data Research identifies and prioritizes the cross-sectorial requirements for big data research, and outlines the most urgent and challenging techlogical, ecomic, political and societal issues for big data in Europe. This compendium summarizes more than two years of work performed by a leading group of major European research centers and industries in the context of the BIG project. It brings together research findings, forecasts and estimates related to this challenging techlogical context that is becoming the major axis of the new digitally transformed business environment.
- Author BiographyJose Maria Cavanillas is currently R&D&I Director in Atos since 2000. He is Master Engineer in Telecommunications in Madrid Technical University (UPM) and has completed post-graduate studies in Business Administration and International Trade from CEPADE. In the last 20 years his team has been involved in more than 200 R&D&I projects. Edward Curry is a Research Scientist at the Insight Centre for Data Analytics. His research interests include smart cities, energy intelligence, semantic information management, event based systems, and collaborative data management. He has worked extensively with industry and government advising on the adoption patterns, practicalities, and benefits of new technologies. Wolfgang Wahlster is the Director and CEO of the German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence and a Professor of Computer Science at Saarland University (Saarbrucken, Germany). He has published more than 170 technical papers and 8 books on language technology and intelligent user interfaces.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication22/02/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note34 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight649 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byEdward Curry,Jose Maria Cavanillas,Wolfgang Wahlster
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.