CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
About this product
- DescriptionThe New Ibis Reader aims to arouse and sustain the pupil's interest in mastering the skills necessary for fluent and intelligent reading. It provides for the systematic development of language, for continuous intellectual growth and for the appreciation of good literature, as well as laying the foundation of good spelling. The scheme consists at Infant Level of four readers, w available in new editions (and with revised tes for the teacher). The authors have kept the main language structures and word lists of the previous books but the text has been enhanced by new artwork which has been designed to give the children the greatest help in interpreting the words on the page. The Readers are w a larger size to enable the illustrations to be more effective. This means that some of the pages do t have the same number as in the previous edition. Each Reader has an accompanying Practice Book, also in the original edition. The Practice Book provides graded exercises that give further practice in the skills outlined in the corresponding Reader. The tes to the teacher at the beginning of the Practice Book and the instructions at the bottom of each page should be carefully studied. For best results the scheme should be used in its entirety, that is the Infant Introductory Book and the Infant Book One with their accompanying Practice Books for the first-year pupils, the Infant Book Two and the Infant Book Three and their Practice Books for the second-year pupils. Every opportunity should be taken to correlate each lesson with other subjects on the curriculum, so that new words will be recognised in other subjects and children will gain confidence in their reading abilities. Book Two The stories w aim to widen the pupils' interest in areas beyond the home and school. Fuller exercises are provided at regular stages of the book.
- Author BiographyE E Mejias and O Stanford have both been teachers for many years and have had the benefit of special training and research work in the United Kingdom, Canada and the USA as well as in the West Indies.
- Author(s)Esmee E. Mejias,Estate Of Olly Nada,Noreen Majias-Bennett
- PublisherHodder Education
- Date of Publication26/09/1988
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteCol.ill.
- Weight114 g
- Width186 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.