Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most famous chess strategy classics, updated and revised with modern algebraic tation. In one of the most influential chess books written, readers will learn the most important strategy, tactics and themes that comprise a successful chess game: space, time, force and pawn structure. In a book that has been called the bible for vice to intermediate players, Evans uses actual game examples to illustrate dozens of chess themes. Each is a mini-lesson that illustrates the fundamental concepts of modern chess theory, ones that can be learned in easy, quick sittings. Evans discusses space (mobility, the center, controlling uccupied squares, stability.), time (development, gambits, pins, tactics), force (relative values, sacrifices), and pawn structure (passed, connected, isolated and backward pawns), showing players how to weave these concepts together for a stronger and winning chess game. Features 200 diagrams and, for the first time, chess tation in modern algebraic tation making the book accessible to a new generation of chess players who couldn't read the antiquated tation of the original.
- Author BiographyGrandmaster Larry Evans is a 5-time USA champion, author of 25 books, and the dean of American chess. His national syndicated column, Evans on Chess, has appeared continuously since 1971. He coached Bobby Fischer during his world championship run and is generally considered to be the most authoritative, astute and witty observer of the international chess scene.
- Author(s)Larry Evans
- PublisherCardoza Publishing
- Date of Publication07/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCardoza Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.