All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInstitutions frame behaviors and exchanges in markets, business networks, communities, and organizations throughout the world. Thanks to the pioneering work of Ronald Coase, Douglas North and Olivier Williamson, institutions are w recognized as being a key factor in explaining differences in performance between industries, nations, and regions. The fast-growing field of new institutional ecomics analyzes the ecomics of institutions and organizations using methodologies, concepts, and analytical tools from a wide range of disciplines (including political science, anthropology, sociology, management, law, and ecomics). With contributions from an international team of researchers, New Institutional Ecomics provides theoreticians, practitioners, and advanced students in ecomics and social sciences with a guide to the many recent developments in the field. It explains the underlying methodologies, identifies issues and questions for future research, and shows how results apply to decision making in law, ecomic policy, management, regulation and institutional design.
- Author BiographyEric Brousseau is Professor of Economics at the University of Paris X and Director of EconomiX, a research center jointly operated by the University of Paris X and the CNRS (French National Science Foundation). Jean-Michel Glachant is Professor of Economics and Head of the Electricity Reforms Group in the ADIS research center, University of Paris-Sud XI.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/09/2008
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note8 tables
- Weight970 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byEric Brousseau,Jean-Michel Glachant
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.