All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionDid God approve of Rahab's lie? Why are many of the Old Testament quotes in the New Testament t literal? Does the Bible class abortion with murder? Where did Adam and Eve's sons get their wives? Does 1 Corinthians 7:10--16 authorize divorce for desertion? What do you make of the difficult areas in the Bible--those puzzling passages that make you stop and scratch your head? The seeming contradictions and inconsistencies of Scripture actually have sound explanations. But unless you're a Bible scholar, you probably don't kw about them. That's why you need the New International Encyclopedia of Bible Difficulties. It gives you informed answers to your most troublesome questions. Some of the solutions seem obvious--after you've read them. But most include an eye-opening look at linguistic, cultural, numerical, relational, and other considerations of which most Bible readers are unaware. Referencing both the New International Version and the New American Standard Bible, this helpful resource makes scholarly insights accessible to everyone. Whether you're a student, pastor, everyday Bible-lover, or even a skeptic, the New International Encyclopedia of Bible Difficulties will show you why the Bible is believable and dependable, with a message you can live by. Zondervan's Understand the Bible Reference Series This six-volume series supplies users of today's most popular modern Bible translation, the New International Version, with scholarly, ecomical, and uncompromisingly evangelical study tools. It includes the New International Bible Commentary, New International Bible Dictionary, New International Bible Concordance, and New International Encyclopedia of Bible Words, New International Encyclopedia of Bible Difficulties, and the New International Encyclopedia of Bible Characters.
- Author BiographyGleason L. Archer Jr., PhD, was professor emeritus of Old Testament and Semitic studies at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School.
- Author(s)Gleason L. Archer
- Date of Publication13/07/2001
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleZondervan's Understand the Bible Reference Series
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 5
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight792 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.