All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionEthnic diversity made New Jersey an early testing ground for the melting pot, as Yankees, Irish, Italians, and blacks strove for a chance at the good life. To many, that meant a job in the factories that made the state an industrial pioneer; to others, it meant life on the farms that made New Jersey truly the Garden State. Mr. Fleming concludes that today New Jersey may be in the vanguard of a new American way of life, the first metropolitan state with equally convenient access to cities and to countryside. He foresees an equally-oriented New Jersey, honestly and efficiently governed, reminding the nation that divisiveness and acrimony can have more than one outcome. After all, New Jerseyites may have voted repeatedly for the Boss of Bosses, Frank Hague, but they also once chose as their goverr a Princeton professor named Woodrow Wilson.
- Author BiographyThomas Fleming is a historian who has authored several history, young adult history, and fiction books.
- Author(s)Thomas J. Fleming
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication28/11/1984
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleStates and the Nation
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight300 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.