About this product
- DescriptionThese two volumes bring together a set of important essays that represent a new Keynesian perspective in ecomics today. This recent work shows how the Keynesian approach to ecomic fluctuations can be supported by rigorous microecomic models of ecomic behavior. The essays are grouped in seven parts that cover costly price adjustment, staggering of wages and prices, imperfect competition, coordination failures, and the markets for labor, credit, and goods. An overall introduction, brief introductions to each of the parts, and a bibliography of additional papers in the field round out this valuable collection.Volume 1 focuses on how friction in price setting at the microecomic level leads to minal rigidity at the macroecomic level, and on the macroecomic consequences of imperfect competition, including aggregate demand externalities and multipliers. Volume 2 addresses recent research on n-Walrasian features of the labor, credit, and goods markets.N. Gregory Mankiw is Professor of Ecomics at Harvard University. David Romer is Associate Professor of Ecomics at the University of California at Berkeley. ContributorsGeorge A Akerlof. Costas Azariadis. Laurence Ball. Ben S. Bernanke. Mark Bits. Olivier J. Blanchard. Alan S. Blinder. John Bryant. Andrew S. Caplin. Dennis W. Carlton. Stephen G. Cecchetti. Russell Cooper. Peter A. Diamond. Gary Fethke. Stanley Fischer. Robert E. Hall. Oliver Hart. Andrew John. Nobuhiro Kiyotaki. Alan B. Krueger. David M. Lilien. Ian M. McDonald. N. David Mankiw. Arthur M. Okun. Andres Polica. David Romer. Julio J. Rotemberg. Garth Saloner. Carl Shapiro. Andrei Shleifer. Robert M. Solow. Daniel F. Spulber. Joseph E. Stiglitz. Lawrence H. Summers. John Taylor. Andrew Weiss. Michael Woodford. Janet L. Yellen.
- Author BiographyDavid Romer is Herman Royer Professor of Political Economy at the University of California, Berkeley.
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication05/06/1991
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleReadings in Economics
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note28
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDavid H. Romer,N. Gregory Mankiw
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.37New
- AU $21.29New
- AU $24.95New
- AU $20.04New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.91New
- AU $11.60Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.80New
- AU $32.15New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.99Trending at AU $21.29
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.81
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.51
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.80
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $25.16
- AU $57.72Trending at AU $62.56
- AU $77.29Trending at AU $94.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.