All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe are constantly told that New Labour forms an historic departure from the traditions of the Labour Party. This book, written by a distinguished selection of academics and commentators, provides the most detailed comparison yet of old and new Labour in power. It is also the first to offer a comprehensive analysis of the last Labour Government before the rise of Thatcher and the re-emergence of the Labour Party under Tony Blair's leadership. It reveals much about the history of the Labour Party as well as providing a much-needed context from which to judge the current government.
- Author BiographyAnthony Seldon is one of Britain's foremost political experts. He is Tony Blair's authorised biographer and his previous books include; The Powers Behind the Prime Minister (2001), The Blair Effect (2001), The Foreign Office (2000), Britain Under Thatcher (1999), Major (1998) and The Heath Government (1996). Kevin Hickson is Lecturer in British Politics at the University of Liverpool. He is co-editor of the forthcoming The Struggle for Labour's Soul: Understanding the Political Thought of the Labour Party (2004).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/02/2004
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byAnthony Seldon,Kevin Hickson
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.