All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew Language, New Literacy: Teaching Literacy to English Language Learners is a guide for teachers of English language learners who need help with basic reading and writing skills. Jill Sinclair Bell is internationally kw in the second-language education field as a writer who combines excellent theoretical kwledge with the solid, practical experience that comes from years in the language classroom. In this book, she uses her experience to demystify a most challenging education scenario, by showing teachers how they can identify their learners' skills and needs even when there is common language and little or literacy to build on. Always clear and easy to follow, she guides teachers through the process of developing and adapting curriculum, identifying appropriate methodology, and delivering engaging lessons with a host of clear examples and useful practical ideas. Whether you are an experienced ESL teacher working with a whole class of literacy learners, or a new volunteer helping a single individual, New Language, New Literacy will prove an invaluable asset, offering a critical blend of theorectical insight and practical methodology that will guide you through all aspects of the literacy classroom.
- Author BiographyJill Sinclair Bell has enjoyed a long and accomplished career in the field of language education, working with language learners in Europe, Asia, the Caribbean and North America. Throughout her career as a teacher and teacher educator, Jill has had a particular interest in the challenges of second language literacy and has specialized in research in that area. Currently a Full Professor in the Faculty of Education at York University in Toronto, where she teaches courses in language and literacy, Jill is the author of numerous books and articles on language education, including Teaching Multilevel Classes in ESL, and Literacy, Culture and Identity.
- Author(s)Dr Jill Sinclair Bell
- PublisherPippin Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication13/05/2013
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintPippin Publishing Corporation
- Weight330 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.