New Life Stories: More Stories from His Acclaimed Radio 4 Series by Sir David Attenborough (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by bookabargain_0
- Est. delivery by 14 Dec
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA personal view of the natural world Life Stories 2 is the second installment of Sir David's look back at the wildlife that has captured his imagination and enthusiasm over his distinguished career. It is a fascinating trip around the world in search of extraordinary plants, animals and people, in the company of this wonderful communicator. Sir David shares his thoughts on a whole range of topics, from animals like the Kiwi, the Cuckoo and the Chameleon, to flora like Charnia and the capy, and even other famous British naturalists, like the evolutionary biologist Alfred Russel Wallace. The real magic of the book though, is Sir David's interaction with the natural world. The excitement of lying in wait to catch a glimpse of a Kiwi, or the unexpected childhood discovery of Charnia in the most unlikely place. In Life Stories 2, readers will be able to enjoy all the enthusiasm and wonder about the natural world that Sir David has so uniquely conveyed throughout his remarkable career. Chapters: Capy, Kiwi, Charnia, Foreign Fare, Cicada, Earthworms, Alfred Russel Wallace, Hummers, Identities, Rats, Monsters, Butterflies, Cuckoo, Quetzalcoatlus, Chameleon, Nectar, Waterton, Fireflies, Elsa, Chimps.
- Author BiographySir David Attenborough is Britain's best-known natural history film-maker. His career as a naturalist and broadcaster has spanned nearly five decades and there are very few places on the globe that he has not visited. Over the last 25 years he has established himself as the world's leading natural history programme maker with several landmark BBC series, including: Life on Earth (1979), The Living Planet (1984), The Trials of Life (1990), The Private Life of Plants (1995), The Life of Birds (1998), The Life of Mammals (2002) and Life in the Undergrowth (2005).
- Author(s)Sir David Attenborough
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication09/06/2011
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight980 g
- Width195 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.