Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionIn his long-awaited new vel, rewned German author Ingo Schulze provides a rich and nuanced parama of a world in transition. East Germany, January 1990. Enrico Turmer man of the theater, aspiring velist has turned his back on the art world and joined a startup newspaper. Before long, the former aesthete and rebel becomes obsessed with personal gain, and in a series of letters to his sister, a friend, and a would-be lover, Enrico vividly muses on his capitalist ventures and latent worldly ambitions. As Schulze peels away the layers of Enrico s previous existence, his antihero s reinvention comes to embody all the questionable aspects t only of life in the old Germany, but of life in the Germany just taking form.
- Author BiographyIngo Schulze, born in Dresden in 1962, studied classical philology at the University of Jena. His first book, 33 Moments of Happiness, won two German literary awards, the prestigious Alfred Doblin Prize and the Ernst Willner Prize for Literature. He lives in Berlin.
- Author(s)Ingo Schulze
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/12/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleVintage International
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Weight435 g
- Width137 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.