All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe new Pepper Pantry series being published w by Terra Nova Books continues Dave DeWitt's decades of reading treats with a delightful look at New Mexican chiles. In this books, he wraps together in his unique style a lifetime of learning on their history and cultivation, combined with fascinating botanical and culinary information, and topped off with dozens of recipes bringing to the table the special taste of these special foods in a limitless variety of mouth-watering ways. It is New Mexico that has made the chile pepper the defining food of the local cuisine, the most important culinary import from south of the border. The long, green chile commonly grown there-formerly, and oddly, called the Anaheim -has w been standardized and enhanced to earn its hor as the official state vegetable (since politicians could hardly be expected to kw it's a fruit). Whether you're making enchiladas, tamales, burritos, or countless other dishes, it's the intense use of chiles as a food, rather than a spice or condiment, that separates New Mexican cuisine from that of its neighboring states, and Dave DeWitt's outstanding recipes make clear the delectable reasons why.
- Author BiographyIf Dave DeWitt's life were a menu, it would feature dishes as diverse as alligator stew and apple pie a la mode-not to mention the beloved chile peppers that have become the basic ingredient of so many of his projects and accomplishments. Since starting out in the electronic media, Dave has built careers as a businessman, educator, administrator, producer, on-camera personality, author, and publisher. Currently, in addition to serving as CEO of Sunbelt Shows and co-producer of the National Fiery Foods & Barbecue Show, Dave is always busy sharing his chile pepper expertise in as wide a range of forums as possible. Besides writing more than forty books (mostly on fiery foods but also including novels, food histories, and travel guides), Dave is publisher of the Fiery Foods & BBQ Super Site (at www.fiery-foods.com), and was a founder of Chile Pepper magazine and Fiery Foods & Barbecue magazine. From his beginning as a radio announcer, Dave went on to own audio/video production companies for which he wrote, produced, and voiced hundreds of radio and television commercials. After moving to New Mexico in 1974, he wrote and hosted the Captain Space TV show which beat out both Saturday Night Live and Star Trek in its Saturday midnight time slot, and, in an entirely different sphere, curated the Albuquerque Museum's 1984 exhibit Edward S. Curtis in New Mexico. The interest in chile peppers and spicy foods that has helped make Dave one of the foremost authorities in the world has led to such best-sellers as The Whole Chile Pepper Book, The Pepper Garden, The Hot Sauce Bible, The Chile Pepper Encyclopedia, and The Spicy Food Lover's Bible. His latest book on the subject is Chile Trivia. As the ultimate testament to his fame and achievement, The New York Times has declared him to be the Pope of Peppers. Dave is an associate professor in Consumer and Environmental Sciences on the adjunct faculty of New Mexico State University, and also serves as chair of the Board of Regents of the New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum.
- Author(s)Dave DeWitt
- Date of Publication20/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best Selling in Cook Books
- AU $42.74New
- AU $15.46New
- AU $30.64New
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $27.51
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $35.05
- AU $21.15Trending at AU $31.70
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $38.53
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $35.62
- AU $30.51Trending at AU $30.96
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $54.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.