All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInterest in preparing new polymers peaked about 1966. Since that time, industrial and government support for the synthesis and study of new polymers has steadily declined. Gone are the good days when government funds supported a great push to attain ulti- mate thermal stability for organic polymeric materials. Gone are the good days when many chemical companies, encouraged by the obvious potential for rewards, had great interest and provided support for preparing new polymers. We w often hear managers say we have eugh polymers or all we need to do is find additional and better ways to use existing polymers. The latter often in- cludes the statement, we can get the new materials that are wanted from polymer alloys or blends. Interest in preparing new momers has also waned, even though it is well recognized that momers with special functionality are greatly needed to fine-tune existing polymers for specific tasks. Shrinkage of interest in new momer and polymer research has t come about solely as a result of the obvious maturity of the polymers industry. Since uses for polymers continue to grow and there is still room for good concepts to study, lack of market growth and fields of study have probably t significantly contribu- ted to that shrinkage.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/03/2012
- Series TitlePolymer Science and Technology Series
- Series Part/Volume Number25
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight866 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byCharles U. Pittman,Jr.
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1984
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $20.56Trending at AU $28.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.