All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the last decade, museums all around the world have been reinventing themselves. They are w much more than scholarly, cultural archives. A remit to reach out to a broader public, the increasing politicization of the ownership and curation of objects, the architectural expectations of new buildings, the requirements of the event exhibit ...all have changed the way any new museum is built, operates and serves its public purpose. Museums w reflect global ecomics and local politics. New museums w shape our public culture. Illustrated with a very wide range of museums and museum spaces - from MOMA in New York to the reconstruction of Ground Zero, from the National Museum of the American Indian in Washington DC to the Museo Guggenheim Bilbao, from the planned renewal of the Crystal Palace site in London to the Sendai Mediatheque in Japan - the book reveals how the new museum is evolving as a cross-disciplinary, self-consciously political, and often avowedly self-reflexive institution.
- Author BiographyKylie Message is ARC Special Research Centre Research Fellow and Convener of the Museums and Collections graduate program at the Centre for Cross-Cultural Research, the Australian National University.
- Author(s)Kylie Message
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/12/2006
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Note50 b&w illustrations, bibliography, index
- Weight503 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.