New Normal, Radical Shift: Changing Business and Politics for a Sustainable Future by Philip Whiteley, Neela Bettridge (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $91.48Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $35.96+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOur traditional ways of looking at ecomics, business and politics are t fit for purpose. The causes of the recent crisis were behavioural and international, but our measures are superficial and financial, recorded at a national or company level. This is combined with a fervent quest for endless 'growth', matter how unsustainable. Theory has to catch up with reality. Many books chart different courses for ecomic and business management but New Normal, Radical Shift is different. Using examples from international organizations around the world, it analyses t only the business model that failed, but challenges wider ecomic and political beliefs that employees' interests always conflict with those of managers and business owners. Neela Bettridge and Philip Whiteley argue that the right messages about good practice in business struggle to be heard, t because of indifference or inertia, but because dysfunctional philosophies are still supported t only within business and business schools, but also within political circles and by trade unions, NGOs and others campaigning for workers' rights. The central belief of the 'old rmal' is that profits are made by exploiting workers and the environment. In this book the authors' arguments - all supported by exemplary case studies -demonstrate that this belief is false, opening up ermous possibilities in a 'new rmal' of enhanced working lives, environmental protection and business success.
- Author BiographyNeela Bettridge, a founding partner of Article 13 Group, is an executive coach and mentor and a skilled practitioner in the field of governance and responsible business. She has a business degree and qualifications in environmental law and coaching. Neela's career started at Saatchi & Saatchi, implementing marketing and communications strategies for BA, BP, Galileo and Gillette. She has also worked with the development charity Action Aid, and as CEO of an environmental charity. Neela's current clients range from government departments to FTSE 100 companies. www.article13.com. Philip Whiteley is an author and journalist, specialising in the working environment and business performance. His book 'Meet the New Boss' was shortlisted for the 2010/2011 Chartered Management Institute-British Library Management Book of the Year Awards. Philip has written or co-written eight books. He is a member of the Society of Authors, and a Subject Matter Expert for the Chartered Management Institute.
- Author(s)Neela Bettridge,Philip Whiteley
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/04/2013
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGower Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight444 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $89.67New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $30.78New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $28.33Trending at AU $30.23
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.