Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $73.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA definitive collection of photographs of the legendary and influential band New Order. New Order remains one of the most popular bands of the last half century. Founded in the dying years of punk and disco, and combining elements of post-punk, new wave, and electronic dance music, New Order was responsible for some of the biggest hits of the era and is one of few bands to have achieved mainstream success while retaining cult status. Having been the most trusted photographer of Joy Division in the 1970s, Kevin Cummins was uniquely placed to document the rise and fall of New Order, from their formation in 1980 to their split in 1993. From underground beginnings as the flagship group of Factory Records in Manchester to grandstand tours around Europe and America, Cummins captured the band in every light, from the intimacy of the studio to the frenetic energy of live performance. Collected here for the first time are more than a hundred photographs reflecting over a decade of New Order. Prefaced by a selection of rarely seen ephemera, conversations with the band members, and an introduction from Douglas Coupland, this is a stunning celebration of a band whose influence on music and fashion is still palpable today.
- Author BiographyKevin Cummins's photographs are included in the permanent collection of the National Portrait Gallery and the Victoria and Albert Museum in London and have been published in several monographs, including Joy Division. Douglas Coupland is a best-selling Canadian novelist, essayist, playwright, and screenwriter. Bernard Sumner, Peter Hook, Gillian Gilbert, and Stephen Morris are founding members of New Order.
- Author(s)Kevin Cummins
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication17/03/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note200 colour and black and white illustrations
- Weight1406 g
- Width222 mm
- Height298 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.