Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe New Oxford Spelling Dictionary has been prepared in consultation with professional editors and proofreaders to offer the quickest and most authoritative reference for spelling and word division. It is the essential guide for a wide range of people who work with the written word, whether on paper or in electronic form. The text was compiled using the unrivalled resources of Oxford Dictionaries' language research programme; it gives unambiguous and authoritative guidance on spelling, and form for over 110,000 words, including capitalization, hyphenation of compounds, and irregular inflections. US and UK spellings are covered in full. It also includes thousands of people, places, and other proper names. Full coverage of word division, indicating both primary (preferred) and secondary breaks for every suitable word, makes the New Oxford Spelling Dictionary the only reference suitable for editors, typesetters, proofreaders, and copy writers needing to make authoritative and consistent decisions relating to line endings. Its use will contribute to high-quality and accurate editorial standards. The New Oxford Dictionary of Spelling has been freshly designed for ease of access to the information, and the new handbook size makes it ideal as a quick reference tool. Together with the New Oxford Dictionary for Writers and Editors and New Hart's Rules , it is an essential part of every editor's and writer's toolkit.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication22/09/2005
- SubjectDictionaries (single language)
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteNo
- Weight570 g
- Width124 mm
- Height182 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.