All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn response to the challenges of globalization and local development, educational reforms are inevitably becoming one of the major trends in the Asia-Pacific Region or other parts of the world. Based on the most recent research and international observations, this book aims to present a new paradigm including various new concepts, frameworks and theories for reengineering education. This book has 21 chapters in three sections. Section I New Paradigm of Educational Reform containing eight chapters, illustrates the new paradigm and frameworks of reengineering education, fostering human development and analysing reform policies and also discusses the trends and challenges of educational reforms in the Asia-Pacific Region. Section II New Paradigm of Educational Leadership with five chapters aims to elaborate how the nature, role and practice of school leadership can be transformed towards a new paradigm and respond to the three waves of education reforms. Section III Reengineering School Management for Effectiveness with eight chapters aims to provide various practical frameworks for reengineering school management processes and implementing changes in school practices.
- Author BiographyProfessor Yin Cheong CHENG is the President of the Asia-Pacific Educational Research Association (APERA). He is also the head of the Asia-Pacific Centre for Education Leadership and School Quality of the Hong Kong Institute of Education. He has published internationally 14 academic books and 190 book chapters and academic journal articles on education effectiveness, paradigm shift in education, and management reform. Among his books, School Effectiveness and School-based Management: A Mechanism for School Development has been published in four language editions. Some of his publications have been translated into Chinese, Hebrew, Korean, Spanish, Czech, and Thailand languages. He was the chief editor of the Asia Pacific Journal of Teacher Education and Development six years and is at present serving on the advisory boards of 9 international journals. Prof. Cheng's research has won him a number of international awards and recognition including the Awards for Excellence from the Literati Club in UK in 1994, 1996-98, 2001 and 2004. In recent few years, Prof. Cheng has been invited to give over 30 keynote/plenary speeches by national and international organizations such as APEC, UNESCO, UNICEF, ICER, ICSEI (Australia, Hong Kong and Canada), International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO), Ford Foundation (US, Africa), etc.
- Author(s)Yin Cheong Cheng
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleEducation in the Asia-Pacific Region: Issues, Concerns & Prospects
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight733 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2005
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.